Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Cologne - Germany

So in December 2016 me and my boyfriend decided to spend our 6th anniversary somewhere a little bit different. After much research we both decided we wanted to visit Cologne in Germany especially with it being around Christmas time we both took to Instagram to take a look at the recent images of there famous Christmas markets and local town.

Once we had arrived we got settled into our hotel we both wrapped up and set out for our first look of Cologne and it was so much like we expected and so much more. Everything was covered in pretty lights people were laughing and signing, The markets were full with locals and tourists I couldn't help but fall in love with it.

One of the main things we both wanted to do was visit the famous Hohenzollern Padlock bridge as before we flew over I had a padlock made for us both engraved with our names and date we got together on. We also discovered an ice rink in the local Weihnachtsmarkt Christmas market where Curtis drank local beer and I had hot chocolate or the occasional eggnog. We hired our self some ice skates and loved it so much we went back the next night to do it again. Christmas music playing in the background and all the couples around you happy in love it was just perfect like a fairytale world. I didn't want our weekend away to ever end.


 Here are some of the highlights from our long weekend trip away.




If you are looking to go away for Christmas time or even just book a weekend trip away I would highly recommend trying out Cologne the locals were really friendly and all spoke English we had an amazing time and both agreed we shall return again one day.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post & leave comments. I do appreciate each & every single one & I will reply. Please leave a link to your blog or social media in your comment so I can go & check it out and return some of the love.. 👄 

Paige Louise xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger templates by pipdig